Designed and facilitated by experienced school leaders and teachers, the OTP gives good (and outstanding) teachers a set of high level skills and strategies that enable them to become consistently and sustainably outstanding.
It helps them to:
– demonstrate higher level understanding of teaching andimprove learning for their pupils
– coach colleagues and pupils in their own school and in other schools to raise performance levels
– create a proactive school culture where the quality of teaching and learning is openly observed, discussed, challenged and enhanced
– increase the ‘job’ satisfaction and create opportunities for further leadership and career progression.
– provides in-depth coaching to deepen understanding of outstanding practice
– allows participants to improve through facilitated activities to reflecton teaching approaches and their quality and impact
– introduces and consolidates new knowledge and skills, focuses on outstanding
– provides strong input on the progression against the professional standards of excellence.
This programme is open to teachers with the potential and capacity to consistently facilitate outstanding lessons. Participants would need to
– on-going commitment to CPD
– at least two years of value added data showing student progress and improving results
– an interest in developing a coaching ethos within their classroom and/or across the school
This course is run over 7 half-day sessions- all sessions must be attended.
This programme is crucial for teachers involved in developing Leadership in Teaching and Learning.
Delivered by Alison Lumb and Catherine O’Connell
Alison and Catherine are both well-established class teachers and leaders of teaching and learning at Warren Junior School. They enjoy the challenge of reflective classroom practice and look forward to working alongside the OTP delegates. They are OLVEVI facilitators of the ITP, OTP and Power of
For further details click here